Yeah! I am really oing to do this! After being seriously tempted to work crazy hours in order to try to take back Congress from the Republicans this year, I've realized that what I'm really passionate about is raising awareness and support for peace in Colombia, and that I can (and will) volunteer to get out votes, do phone banks, etc. in order to support the dem's in the election.
In the meantime...Alyssa Kelly came up with a great website name last night: PedalFORPeace. FOR because I am raising funds for the Fellowship of Reconciliation. I think it's good, and am trying to buy the domain name now from the personwho owns it. Yeee. So excited - I also got my first sponsors, so I would like to here and now officially thank:
1. Stan from Charlie's
2. David from Charlie's
3. Tia
4. Amy Adams
5. Jen Spingla
6. Scott Call
7. Alyssa Kelly
7 down, 493 to go! Oh - my idea is that since the ride is roughly 500 miles, if people sponsor me for $20 a mile, I will raise $10,000 if I get 500 people to sponsor me for 1 mile a piece. Now to figure out all the technology onvolved in this.